Operations Manager, Projects & Portfolio
South Pole is a leading provider for climate change and sustainability advisory services. We work with a large number of prestigious corporate and public sector clients to support them in their sustainability journey. We are recruiting for the position of Operations Manager.
In this role, you will be the overall operational manager for a large, diverse and international unit, including the ER and Renewable Energy Project Development Team, and the Portfolio Management Team. You will have ownership of all operational aspects within the unit and will lead a small team in order to implement and maintain transformational business projects enabling scalable and more efficient processes.
If you are process-oriented, have a strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask, learn quickly and like supporting others, then we are looking for you!
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Continuously analyse and improve processes and tools for the Projects & Portfolio Unit
- Identify process and tools gaps, deficiencies and areas for improvement and create a strategic plan for operations activities
- Develop and improve processes and tools to make them more efficient and user-friendly.
- Monitor, measure and improve uptake and collect feedback from colleagues.
- Guide internal and external resources to improve existing IT tools, or develop specifications for the introduction/establishment of new tools.
- Train team members in the use of our tools and processes.
- Ensure that processes are followed and provide support and further training when needed.
- Coordinate a support function for the unit, together with the broader Operations team, where team members receive support for all operational issues, such as procedural issues, questions on company policies, support with recruitment, etc.
- Coordinate internally with other units
- Act as a bridge towards other units
- Contribute to global process and policies in collaboration with other Heads of Operations and HR
- Improve knowledge management at South Pole.
- Develop, optimize and implement knowledge management tools, processes and procedures
- A minimum Bachelor's degree, ideally in Business or a sustainability-related field
- At least 5 years of work experience, ideally in business operations or project management
- Previous experience of Carbon markets, RECs, or other environmental markets an advantage
- Ability to manage priorities and motivate a team
- Keen sense for efficiency
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify gaps and design/enhance processes, tools and guidance to address them
- Advanced controlling and organisation skills to ensure proper use of processes and tools
- Ability to compromise and work with different teams within the organisation
- Be very responsive and reachable
Strong multi-tasking, prioritization and delegation skills
Keen sense for project administration & management
Management experience preferred