Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager
South Pole has built a solid reputation for developing and mobilising finance for a wide range of projects around the world to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. In the position of Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for screening, planning, coordinating, and managing our potential project pipeline for with a focus on the Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA) and other compliance regulations driven markets for various sectors. You will be reporting to Director Sourcing Operations and will closely collaborate with project teams in Bangkok, Beijing, Bogota, Medellin, Mexico City, New Delhi in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of South Pole's sourcing strategies.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Identification, assessment, structuring and contracting new projects that are eligible under CORSIA or under other compliance regulation(s) driven market(s)
- Design, strategise, coordinate and manage the process of engagement with host country government ministries responsible for NDCs and climate change affairs, especially for obtaining the relevant Letters of Approval/Authorisation in line with requirements of CORSIA rules and possibly also Internationally Transferred Mitigation Outcomes (ITMO) purchasing countries requirements.
- Identification, assessment, structuring and contracting new projects that are eligible under various compliance regulations driven markets
- As a second priority, identification and structuring new emission reduction projects and programs within Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) of developing countries worthy of being pursued for ITMOs
- Design, manage, update and implement sourcing strategies for NDCs, ITMOs and CORSIA, among others
- Drive business development, including targeted business meetings and leading pitching sessions
- Proactive networking with relevant organisations including multilaterals and government agencies
- Attending relevant gatherings and conferences and expanding the existing network
- Close collaboration with project teams in Bangkok, Beijing, Bogota, Medellin, Mexico City and New Delhi in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of South Pole's sourcing strategies
- Efficient and effective resource planning to optimize global sourcing activities
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Environmental Science, Management, Public Affairs or another relevant field
Core experience and know-how:
- 5-10 years work experience, preferably in the area of climate change and carbon management
- Basic understanding and knowledge of the Paris Agreement, especially the concepts of Article 6, NDCs, double counting, ITMOs, etc.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of various industry-specific global carbon trading mechanisms like CORSIA and other compliance regulations driven markets,
Supporting experience and know-how:
- Basic knowledge of carbon credits, carbon standards and carbon project development
Complexity and problem solving:
- Attention to detail, ability to understand and interpret complex and detailed regulations/requirements and work out compliant solutions is a must
- Excellent negotiation skills, communication and pitching skills, especially cross-culturally is a must
- Past experience in public sector affairs and working with government officials in developing countries is desirable
- Fluent business English is a must. Other languages such as Spanish, French, Bahasa Indonesian,Thai or Arabic would be considered a plus.
- Networks within developing country government ministries related to climate change affairs is highly desirable
- Networks within the oil & gas sector would be considered an added advantage
- Excellent team spirit with fun and supportive colleagues
- Be part of a dynamic, growing and multicultural company
- Work autonomously as well as within an international team