Climate Chatter: Carbon Pricing & Carbon Credits
- Jeff Swartz, Director Climate Policy and Carbon Markets, South Pole
- Peter Zaman, Partner, Reed Smith
- John Davis, Commercial Director APAC, South Pole
- Host: Leah Wieczorek, Business Development Manager - Asia, South Pole
- Moderator: Gabriella Warden, Marketing Communications Specialist - APAC, South Pole
Globally, more than 40 national and 25 regional governments have put a price on carbon through taxes, emissions trading systems and other legislative tools—and this number is growing.
Particularly for multinationals operating across various jurisdictions, understanding the compliance implications of carbon pricing on business and how to set and meet targets with carbon credits is vital.
To support your business with this, South Pole's online Climate Chatter: Carbon pricing & carbon credits will provide an overview of the global carbon pricing landscape, with a particular focus on the Asia Pacific region.
The webinar will cover international carbon markets and touch on the business implications of Article 6 of the Paris Agreement, before describing the ways in which forward-thinking companies can use carbon offsets to minimise risks, seize opportunities and pursue targets like climate neutrality in line with growing stakeholder ESG expectations.
There will be a 10-15 minute Q&A at the end for any unanswered questions.