Projekt Run-of-river hydropower
Xenamnoy - Saysetha Small Hydropower
Mål: The Xenamnoy 1 hydropower power facility is a small-scale run-of-river plant that generates sustainable electricity in one of the poorest regions of the world.
How this project improves lives:
- The plant generates 85'000 MWh per year, providing clean electricity to over 42'000 households.
- During construction and operation of the plant plenty of job opportunities were provided for local residents.
- The project owner implemented a local water supply programme whereby a water well was dug and a water pump provided for the villagers.
- Better air quality due to less use of firewood for domestic use. The firewood is replaced by electricity in newly electrified rural areas.
- The project owner cooperates with the local telecommunication company, providing electricity to the communication station.