Welcome to the second episode of Carbon Talks!
Did you know that climate change is one of
nine thresholds for human life? In 2009, Johan Rockström led a group of 28 internationally renowned scientists to identify 9 key processes that regulate the stability and resilience of our planet. They proposed the quantitative 'planetary boundaries' within which humanity can continue to develop and thrive for generations to come. Crossing these boundaries increases the risk of generating large-scale abrupt or irreversible environmental changes.
In this episode of Carbon Talks we will talk about the planetary boundaries to better understand what they are and why keeping them within their limits is crucial to our blue home, and to your business. We will take a deep dive into Biosphere Integrity (e.g. biodiversity loss), one of the core boundaries which is under significant threat. The good news is that we can do something about it!
- The planetary boundaries: what are they?
- How are they affected by human activites? And do the boundaries have an effect on each other?
- Deep dive: Biodiversity
- Climate Action Projects for biodiversity
- Biodiversity Credits
- How to incorporate biodiversity in a climate strategy
When and Where:
Join us for this fascinating topic on October 4th!
- Date: 4th October 2023 | 3pm-4pm CET
- Location: Online (webinar)