Nature based solutions (NBS) such as blue carbon and REDD+ deliver greenhouse gas reductions at scale but also build long-term resilience against future climate shocks.
This session will provide real case studies from Pakistan and Honduras on the importance of NBS in future-proofing local communities and ecosystems. Panelists will also discuss how to finance and scale up NBS through public and private collaboration.
- Naomi Swickard, moderator - Head of Public Affairs, South Pole
- Hasan Anwar - Program Director, Pakistan Environment Trust
- David Antonioli - CEO, Verra
- Moon Herrick - International Carbon Markets and Climate Mitigation, U.S. State Department
- Carlos Sordo Olivé - Energy Access, Ecosystem Based Solutions, and Climate Change Technical Lead, Fundación Ayuda en Acción