Home to some of the world's most innovative voluntary and compliance carbon markets and biodiverse lands, climate and nature change has already been felt in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Considering last year's milestone agreement at biodiversity COP, this regional climate week is highly anticipated. Players from climate and environmental policy will be on the ground, discussing the most important topics: from emerging and existing compliance and voluntary carbon markets, implementing Article 6 to biodiversity governance, and more.
South Pole is proud to be hosting an official side-event at the UN Climate Week, titled Leveraging the Capacity of Carbon Markets: leitmotifs for Latin America. A productive discussion around carbon market mechanisms in Latin America, the panel hopes to enhance and share knowledge in exploring innovative public/private collaborations and novel market instruments.
- Mauricio Mira Pontón, Regional Director, Climate Policy, Finance and Carbon Markets, South Pole
- Isabel Rojas, Head of Environmental Economics, Ministry of the Environment, Chile
- Walter de Simoni, Subnational Policy Coordinator, Instituto Climate e Sociedade (iCS)
- Francisco Pinto, Focal Point, Chile Climate Teams
- Marlen Goerner, Climate Change Specialist, World Bank
- Sebastian Carranza (tbc), Head of Climate Risk, Colombian Ministry for the Environment