Biodiversity is essential for life and the long term future of business. Biodiversity and ecosystem services are critical to ensure human well-being, maintain and improve production systems, and add value to businesses large and small. All life and all economies depend on healthy ecosystems.
A Biodiversity Credit is an innovative approach to quantify in a transparent way the net positive impacts of your investment on 1 hectare (2.5 Acres) preserved, restored, or managed through sustainable land practices. It will allow you to invest in projects that add value to your company and creates tangible benefits for a region of land and its communities.
The Biodiversity Credit
A Tailor-made sustainable financing mechanism.
Measurably channel mandatory and/or voluntary investments in biodiversity.
Each credit represents the transaction unit of an area in conservation and has a monetary value.
How are credits calculated?
Our highly qualified team carries out an ecosystem characterization, a financial modeling and risk analysis, which result in a tradable unit that facilitates the effective implementation of conservation projects.
Aimed at companies and individuals who want to make investments to obtain biodiversity net gains through:
- Conservation projects in strategic ecosystems
- Offsets for biodiversity loss
- Investments in biodiversity conservation
- Environmental, social and economic indicators
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation indicators
- Biodiversity, water and carbon indicators
- Investment in the comprehensive management of water resources and other Ecosystem Services
- Partnerships with local conservation actors
- Long-term financial sustainability, through scale economies targeting individuals, businesses, and governments.
- Centralisation of efforts with double-track gains and biodiversity indicators.
- Incentives for the landowners based on the number of hectares preserved, restored, or dedicated to sustainable use.
- Creates development opportunities for organised communities in strategic conservation areas.
- Optimises the time required for processes, resulting in a financial and administrative cost reduction.
Are you ready to start your climate journey?
Contact us for more information.