South Pole supports organisations with questionnaire completion in line with the most recent changes in each of the CDP programmes. This gives insights into improving environmental performance and moving towards climate leadership.
The CDP (formerly the "Carbon Disclosure Project") global disclosure system enables companies, cities, states and regions to measure and manage environmental impacts. This information is particularly significant for companies because institutional investors use disclosed data to inform their decision making, while big corporations take the information into account to analyse and engage with their supply chain.
Climate Leadership with CDP and South Pole
Measure + Disclose:
- Complete GHG accounting according to the GHG protocol
- Transparent reporting on emissions for scope 1-3
- Implementation of an internal carbon price to create incentives for further emission reductions
Reduction of climate impacts and risks in line with science:
- Definition and implementation of a scientifically sound emission reduction target (Science Based Target)
- Prepare a strategy for your company to transition to a low carbon economy
Financing the transition to a low-carbon economy:
- Procurement/financing of renewable energies
- Risk reduction in your supply chain
- Financing climate action on the ground by purchasing and retiring verified emission reductions ("carbon credits")
South Pole supports these recommendations for climate action by offering companies concrete solutions for climate leadership, which help you to boost your CDP performance.
|CDP questions||South Pole solutions|
|C3.1||Business strategy: Does your organisation use climate-related scenario analysis to inform your business strategy?|
Targets & performance:
Do you use a Science Based Target?
Do you purchase low-carbon energy?
|C11.2||Project-based carbon credits|
TCFD disclosure and supply chain
Our Climate Leadership Journey supports you from assessing your ecological footprint through strategy development to the implementation of real measures for climate protection.
We support companies to scale up efforts to reduce their GHG emissions in line with scientific recommendations and to protect natural resources, such as water and forests, while supporting sustainable livelihoods. Your CDP reporting is a decisive step on that journey. Whilst reporting to CDP has become mainstream, companies can benefit from working with South Pole in three main ways:
3 steps for better CDP disclosure
South Pole has scored over 1,300 company responses in CDP's water and forest programme. Based on our scoring expertise we offer a simple 3-step approach to understand your CDP scoring results and to improve the transparency and quality of your CDP response.
Understand the score:
South Pole's gap analysis examines your previous year's questionnaire to identify main response gaps in comparison to the most recent CDP scoring methodology and guidance.
Fill the questionnaire:
South Pole prepares a draft version of the full CDP climate change questionnaire for your review. In a further step, South Pole finalises the questionnaire and incorporates any necessary changes.
Simulate your score:
We score your 2020 CDP questionnaire by applying the 2020 CDP scoring methodology to estimate the potential final score. A scoring simulation is recommended to understand at question level where your company could be losing most of its points.
Your advantage: CDP disclosure as part of corporate climate leadership
Improve the quality and transparency of your CDP response with us:
- Improve your score: we have a proven track record of positive effects on CDP disclosure. Not only can we professionalise your reporting, but we also advise on how to develop your sustainability strategy and lessen your environmental impacts
- Save time: our experts work on the quality and transparency of your CDP report so that your team can focus on reducing the company's environmental impact
- Save costs: we know what we have to do – regardless of a changing framework. We get it done quickly and efficiently – that can ultimately lead to savings compared to inhouse CDP reporting
- Improve your credibility: by working with a third party of South Pole's international reputation, you demonstrate your belief in transparency
- Communicate your success: South Pole's specialist team of marketing experts can support the communication of your success story