Buy carbon credits from the world's largest portfolio of carbon projects to protect the planet and transform lives
Our market-leading portfolio and on-the-ground support allow organisations looking to take action on climate and development to:
- Choose projects aligned with their brand, business, and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Customise existing projects to deliver priority impacts
- Design new projects inside or outside of their supply or value chains
Whether you want to achieve emissions reductions commitments quickly and efficiently, support projects in specific locations, or design brand-aligned project activities, we'll find solutions that meet your needs and maximise the value of your sustainability programmes.
Why choose to offset your carbon footprint?
Globally, people increasingly buy from and want to work for purpose-led companies that share their values and beliefs.
Companies taking climate action find it delivers value in various ways:
- Winning new customers and increasing brand loyalty among existing ones by enhancing brand and product differentiation
- Increasing brand awareness and positioning products in key markets
- Attracting and retaining employees
- Building resilience in supply chains
- Building a reputation for leadership on climate and sustainable development
How do carbon credits work?
This video explains how certified cuts in carbon emissions help organisations compensate their carbon footprints and reduce global poverty.
Carbon credits are an internationally recognised way for organisations to manage their carbon emissions.
Growing numbers of countries and organisations are taking steps to decarbonise, but right now - even for the most energy-efficient and sustainable among them - it is almost impossible to completely avoid activities that cause emissions.
Investing in carbon offset projects helps organisations take immediate action on greenhouse emissions. We recommend it as one part of a broader, integrated carbon management strategy.
Organisations maximise value when they:
- Measure their baseline greenhouse gas footprint
- Set reduction targets
- Implement strategies to identify interventions that meet these targets most cost effectively
- Take action to reduce risks, improve performance, and compensate unavoidable impacts
- Communicate their activities to employees, investors and customers
South Pole can support you at every step of this journey.
All projects adhere to international standards
All our projects adhere to internationally recognised standards for emissions reduction projects and are audited regularly by independent third party organisations. We can provide you with carbon credits that adhere to Gold Standard and Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) among many others. Click here to learn more.