Shaped by unique internal and external factors, every company's experience of procuring renewables is different. Whether you are just starting or already on your way to corporate leadership, embarking on the Renewable Energy Journey with South Pole enables your company to harness opportunities that will unlock cost-savings potential and develop a competitive advantage over your peers, while supporting the global energy transition.
Your Renewable Energy Journey
To achieve renewable energy (RE) leadership, a typical first step is setting an ambitious target. But while you're defining your RE strategy and planning the best mix of instruments, you can already access quick wins by purchasing energy attribute certificates (EACs). Once your strategy is defined, you can implement solutions at a national level and communicate the results.
Set ambitious yet realistic sustainability goals such as Science-Based Targets (SBT), 100% Renewable Energy, or climate neutrality
100% Renewable Energy Today
Purchase EACs to immediately achieve your climate/RE targets
Renewable Energy Strategy
Define a vision and strategy to increase your impact, your price hedge and your cost savings over time with a mix of the best suited RE instruments (green tariffs, EACs, EAC plus, power purchase agreements (PPAs) and on-site RE)
Implement the best suited RE instruments (such as corporate PPAs) to achieve your targets and operationalise your strategy
Communicate and Lead
Engage stakeholders on your sustainability vision and communicate the results
Going renewable: what's in it for you?
Power price hedge and cost reduction
- Reduce risk: power markets can be extremely volatile and companies can insulate themselves against market risk exposure
- Increase affordability: power procurement can be expensive; RE solutions can reduce those costs
- As well as reducing your carbon emissions, RE solutions have environmental and social benefits
- Enhance sustainability ambitions and Corporate Social Responsibility efforts with renewables
Brand and climate leadership
- Consumers and other stakeholders are increasingly demanding climate action
- With RE solutions, you can signal your sustainability leadership among your peers and among leading businesses from other sectors
How can South Pole help?
With extensive global experience and deep localised knowledge of power markets, our experts have used their time-tested advisory and solution implementation services to help companies across the globe achieve their renewable ambitions..
Whether you are thinking about defining a renewable energy sourcing strategy, corporate PPAs, EACs, green tariffs, onsite generation, or other bespoke solutions, our expert team can help you to navigate your renewable energy purchasing options and unlock a range of opportunities.
To learn more about how South Pole can help you achieve your renewable energy ambitions, contact Patrick Horka, Head of Renewable Energy Solutions.