Gunung Salak Geothermal Energy
Objective: This power plant uses the natural resources of Indonesia's underground geothermal activity to reduce demand for fossil fuels. In addition, it makes a positive change on people's lives in the surrounding local communities. Because of the remoteness of the region and resulting unemployment, new jobs in the clean energy sector uplift the local economic situation. In addition, vocational training is offered to qualify community members for the local garment industry. The local kindergarden received donations in the form of learning material.
How this project improves lives
- Employment for more than 32 locals has been created
- Vocational trainings are offered to address the regional unemployment situation
- Roads and local infrastructure have been improved to enable better access to markets and economic development
- Diseases such as eye cataracts are being treated at no cost for the villagers
- A scholarship program for undergraduates and a School Infrastructure Improvement Program have been introduced to support the educational situation