GoldPower was created in 2009 in cooperation with WWF to certify renewable energy projects with the highest levels of environmental integrity and social impact.
GoldPower projects deliver:
- clean power and CO2 reductions
- at least three UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs, in areas including healthcare, education, employment, gender equality and biodiversity
- robust verification and transparent third-party audits
GoldPower is recognised internationally
GoldPower is awarded to plants that are registered on internationally recognised issuers, such as the I-REC standard and the TIGR registry.
GoldPower is recognised by key reporting initiatives such as CDP and RE100.
Five reasons to go with GoldPower projects
- They make quantifiable and verified contributions to achieving the SDGs and contributing to local communities
- They ensure additional social and environmental safeguards
- They produce high quality renewable energy solutions that meet strict quality criteria
- They support countries with challenging renewable energy markets
- They demonstrate corporate leadership and vision by combining business needs with tangible environmental and social impacts
Support the global energy transition and the SDGs in three simple steps
Step 1. Electricity Use
Multinational companies are reducing emissions and sourcing renewable energy around the world, but, in some markets, it is hard to avoid fossil fuels entirely.
Step 2. Matched with Goldpower
Matching remaining fossil fuel consumption with GoldPower certificates supports global generation of renewable energy and meets all major sustainability reporting initiatives' requirements
Step 3. Delivers additional Impacts
The premium paid to purchase GoldPower ensures that, in addition to power and emissions reductions, projects make quantified, verified contributions to three additional Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).